Here are little things you can do to maintain your health:
1) Make sure your desk is at an appropriate height, and you are able to sit comfortably. You should be able to rest your arms flatly on the table, and sit up straight. Slouching or leaning to one side is bad.
2) After working for 30 minutes, exercise your neck by moving your head slowly as if you are drawing the Union Jack. You should also focus your eyes on a faraway object.
3) After an hour and a half, get up from your seat and walk around. Exercise your shoulders and neck to relax your limbs and neck.
4) Massage your back occasionally, or slap your back with your cupped hand. These massages or slaps can relax your muscles.
5) In an air-conditioned environment, avoid having cold air blow directly at your neck, shoulders or joints. And don’t stay long in a wet environment, such as after a spell of wet weather. These help prevent blood circulation blockage, which can lead to pain.
This article is brought to you by Eu Yan Sang.