We are featuring some of the dishes that were listed from our 3 Ingredients Challenge just for you!
This is from our very first challenge using Pork, Carrots & Lettuce. A simple one dish meal. Great for quick lunch in the office.
1 – Shallot (diced)
2 Cloves- Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp- Chinese Five-Spice Powder
1 tbsp- Rock Sugar
100ml- Chicken Stock
3 tbsp- Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp- Dark Soy Sauce
1 – Potato (diced, 1cm cubes)
1 – Carrot (diced, 1cm cubes)
4 – Eggs (hard boiled) 100ml of dark soy sauce 50ml of mirin
1 – small Lettuce (separate leaves)
- Hard boil Eggs and wilt Lettuce in the same pot
- Soak peeled hard boiled Eggs in the Soy Sauce and Mirin and leave to cure while making the rest of the dish
- Fry the Minced Pork, keep stirring until almost cookedon medium to high heat
- Add the Shallot, Garlic and Five-Spice, cook until they have softened
- Dissolve the Rock Sugar in hot Stock
- Add to the pan together with the Light and Dark Soy Sauce and combine
- Turn the heat to low, add the Potato and Carrot cubes
- Cover the pan and leave to braise until the potato and carrot is cooked through
- Serve with rice, lettuce and the soy-cured eggs
Send us pictures of this recipe and let us know what you think!