We are featuring some of the dishes that were listed from our 3 Ingredients Challenge just for you!
This is from our very first challenge using Pumpkin, Broccoli & Cauliflower.
Pumpkin isn’t a very prolific ingredient in Asian cooking. We thought we’d throw in one to give an idea of what you can cook with pumpkin.
1 medium Japanese pumpkin (about 1kg)
115g- minced pork or beef
2 tbsp- dried shrimp, soaked until soft
1/2 tbsp- spicy Sichuan bean paste
2 – ginger slices
2 tbsp- soy sauce
2 tbsp- cooking wine
1 cup- stock/water
- Cut the pumpkin into 1.5 x 1.5 cubes with the skin attached.
- Fry the ginger until brown in a wok with the oil.
- Add the minced the pork, dried shrimp, and the cooking wine. Cook until the pork turns color. Add cubes of pumpkin.
- Stir the pumpkin to mix with the meat and shrimp. Add stock/water, Sichuan bean paste, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Bring to boil and simmer in low heat to your tenderness. Stir to mix periodically to make sure the pumpkin cubes are cooked evenly.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped scallions.
We’re always looking for great, tasty, healthy food. Share with us your favorite dishes & recipes to email@example.com
Send us pictures of this recipe and let us know what you think!