Healthier alternative to make Tonkatsu.
Here’s a healthier way to make tonkatsu while still retaining the signature crisp on the outside and its juicy inside!
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the panko and oil, toast over medium heat in a pan until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Trim the fat, separate the fat and meat by cutting slits. Keeps the meat flat when cooking.
- Pound the pork, either with a pounder or a large flat knife.
- Season the pork with salt & pepper.
- Coat the pork in flour and pat off the excess.
- Dip the pork into beaten egg and finally coat with the toasted panko.
- Place the pork on the prepared baking sheet. It would be better to use an oven-safe wire rack (as air goes through on the bottom so panko won’t get crushed).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sesame tonkatsu sauce, grind black and white sesame seeds in a mortar and add to tonkatsu sauce.
We’re always looking for great, tasty, healthy food. Share with us your favorite dishes & recipes to email@example.com
Send us pictures of this recipe and let us know what you think!