My first visit to Japan this year has inspired me deeply to try my hands at Japanese food. It’s fairly simple if you have the right Japanese sauces. I am sharing all my ‘experiments’ that have passed my home critics. Hope this gives you ideas and enjoyment in your home cooking journey! I highly recommend watching NetFlix – Tokyo Midnight Diner, hope you will be inspired to cook too!
This one pot meal is simple and delicious, can be eaten any time of the day. I don’t mind making extra and just snacking on the meat during the day. As for the Japanese omelette in the picture, well that’s for another day.
- Heat up the wok or frying pan with oil.
- Fry Garlic and Shallot till lightly brown and fragrant.
- Fry Onion for 2mins then put in the Shabu Shabu pork or Beef.
- Once the meat is semi cooked, put in the Japanese soya sauce, Japanese Mirin, and the Japanese Cooking wine. Mixed well.
- Cover the wok or pan for another 2mins before you off the stove fire to serve.
- Spring Onions to garnish.
Special thanks to Selinna for sharing this recipe!
Have you tried this recipe? Send us a pic, tell us how it went.
Fit2Go.Asia – celebrating a better way of life!