Contributor: Olivia Setyawan
Indonesian Vegan Snack
Contributed by our friend Olivia. This is her family recipe for this snack that’s been her favorite since her childhood! A little sweet, a little tart, tempeh (fermented soy beans), tau gua (a firmer type of tofu) and bean sprouts. Nice while your watching a movie at home!
- Cut the Tempeh and Tau Gua into bite sized pieces
- Grind the Rumpah ingredients into a rough paste
- Heat Oil on medium heat in a pot, stir fry the Rumpah for a minute
- Add Tempeh, Tau Gua, Bean Sprouts and Bay Leaves into the pot, stir fry for another 2 minutes
- Add Coconut Water until it just covers ingredients
- Let it reduce until you have a dry paste covering the ingredients
- Serve warm
Note: Tamarind needs to be diluted in a little water so you can remove the seeds before adding to the pot.
We’re always looking for great, tasty, healthy food. Share with us your favorite dishes & recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us pictures of this recipe and let us know what you think!