Contributor: Lyra Chua, Singapore
Quick & Easy Vietnamese inspired no carb meal
Try preparing this meal the night before for a light lunch in the office. Easily assembled in your pantry or desk.
- MARINATE THE CHICKEN: Mix 3 Tbsp of sake, lime zest, 1 lime juice, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add the chicken, massage the marinade into the chicken. Preferably to marinate overnight, at least of 30 minutes of marinade is required.
- PAN FRY: Preheat a not stick pan in medium high heat, add in 1 Tbsp of cooking oil and 1 Tbsp of sesame oil. Remove the chicken breasts from the fridge. When the pan is hot, place the chicken breasts in the pan and cover the pan. About 5 mins, re-coat the chicken with the marinade, and flip to the other side, then cover the pan, lower the heat and cook for another 5 mins. Shred the chicken.
- BOIL: Add a little salt into the boiling pot of water, added in the edamame. I normally will defrost the edamame 5 mins before cooking. Cook according to the timing indicated on the packaging (about 3 to 5 mins). Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside. De-pod edamame as we only need the beans.
- FINE CHOP: Carrot, green cabbage, red cabbage and red onion, all will need a finely chopped, and set aside for mixing.
- VIETNAMESE DRESSING: Mix 3 Tbsp fish sauce, 1 Tbsp sesame oil, ½ Tblp brown sugar (rock sugar), 2 Tbsp of hot water, 2 lime juice in a jar and shake well.
- TOSS & SERVE: Combine all fine chop ingredients, shred chicken and edamame in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over salad and sprinkle mint and coriander leaves over salad.
We’re always looking for great, tasty, healthy food. Share with us your favorite dishes & recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us pictures of this recipe and let us know what you think!