We are featuring some of the dishes that were listed from our 3 Ingredients Challenge just for you!
This is from our very first challenge using Chicken, Shiitake Mushroom & Eggs.
Braised chicken in soy sauce is a classic Chinese dish.
You could eat it as a one dish meal or as part of several dishes. There are several variations in terms of ingredients, some use chestnuts, while other recipes call for other types of vegetables.
At the core is the chicken and good soy sauce.
400g Chicken Thigh or Wings
8 – Shiitake Mushrooms (soaked & sliced)
4 – Eggs (hard boiled)
3 cloves – Garlic (minced)
3 – Shallots (minced)
1 – Star Anise
1 tsp – 5 Spice Powder
1 inch piece – Ginger (thinly sliced)
1 tbsp – Cooking Oil
1 tbsp – Sesame Oil
5 tbsp – Dark Soy Sauce
800 ml – Chicken Stock or Water
1 – Spring Onion (chopped)
- Fry the Shallots, Garlic, Star Anise and Ginger on medium heat in pot until fragrant
- Sear the chicken until skin is lightly browned in same pot
- Add the Chicken Stock or Water, Dark Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil and bring to a simmer
- Add the Shiitake Mushrooms and hard boiled Eggs
- You can also throw in the liquids from the mushrooms if you have saved them
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve in a big bowl with Spring Onions as your garnish
We’re always looking for great, tasty, healthy food. Share with us your favorite dishes & recipes to email@example.com
Send us pictures of this recipe and let us know what you think!