This simple recipe was given to me by a good friend, team mate in Last Minute Tri Team, Master Griller of Virgilio’s Food Services – Billy Lopez in the Philippines.
For all our friends missing home we hope this recipe will bring you some comfort.
4 tbsp / Olive Oil
4 clove / Garlic minced
1 clove/ Shallot minced
1 tbsp/ whole black pepper or 2 tsp coarse crushed pepper
750g/1.5lb pork shoulder
1/3cup (85ml) soy sauce
3 bay leaves fresh or dried
1 tsp brown sugar
2 green onions/scallions, sliced as garnish
- Sauté your shallots and garlic in oil till it gives out light fragrant
- Add in Soy Sauce, Vinegar & Bay Leaf, sauté for another minute
- Add water to meat level to cook till meat is tender and sauce reduced
- When sauce is reduced by about half add brown sugar to taste.
- Serve warm over white rice, garnish with Scallion
Special thank you Virgilio’s for letting us share this recipe!
Have you tried this recipe? Send us a pic, tell us how it went.
Fit2Go.Asia – celebrating a better way of life!